• 0

While his sport is punishment to other sports, junior sprinter Tre Haynes talks about how he keeps in shape away from the track.

• 1

Alternative medicine refers to various therapeutic practices straying from mainstream science and are not usually found in conventional medical schools.

• 0

Two out of three people in America are obese, according to Leslie Lovely, certified diabetes educator and registered dietitian. That may come as no surprise, but obesity often causes the inability to produce insulin, which is called diabetes, Lovely said.

• 1

It’s important to get checked for sexually transmitted infections any time a student has had a sexual encounter with a new partner or stranger, and oftentimes this happens during spring break, said Angela Middleton, medical director of UTA health services.

• 0

Most college students will do just about anything to get a free T-shirt, even if that means jumping into 40-degree water in February.

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!

• 0

With the new semester kicking off, a little inspiration might be exactly what's needed to get through the day, week or semester. Students share their favorite quotes that give them motivation to keep going.

• 1

Accounting senior Courtney Whitten said it’s important to donate money and time to breast cancer organizations, but it may be easier to see where the money goes with locally-grown organizations.

• 0

Kassidy Kelly tries not to worry about her body image, but said if she could change anything about her body, it would be her stomach.

• 0

More students are ditching the workout and joining the party. The dance party, that is.

• 1

Feb. 15 was the deadline for enrolling in a federal Marketplace health insurance plan. It was also the deadline to avoid the penalty for not having health care for 2015.

• 0

Campus Recreation welcomed more than just new students into its doors at the start of spring semester. The TRX suspension training system also made its debut in the Maverick Activities Center.

• 1

It can be the most terrifying experience in a person’s life – standing in front of a class and giving a speech.