Ah, Super Bowl Sunday. A day where you get to watch football all day, laugh-cry at the best commercials, worship Beyoncé and her guest stars at halftime and best of all, eat, unashamedly, all day long.

The trick is to find enough food to keep you snacking and not make you sleepy, but also not to take 89 ingredients and three hours to make. The easy way out is to order wings and pizza, but let’s be honest here — everyone and their dog is going to be ordering wings and pizza. How long do you really want to wait for your food?

Making your own food not only saves you money, it will also save you time. Time that can be spent doing more valuable things — like eating and watching football.

Here are 5 snack recipes that are basically foolproof.

Chips and queso

It’s no secret that Texans love Mexican food. Chips and salsa or queso are the easiest things to bring to a party, and they’re also delicious. One-up everyone’s gas station chips and salsa/queso by making your own in the microwave. This recipe is adapted from www.addapinch.com.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup grated jalapeno cheddar cheese

1 cup grated white American cheese

1/2 cup grated white queso cheese

1/2 cup half and half or whole milk

Add the cheese and half of the milk or half and half into a large microwaveable bowl.

Microwave for 3 minutes at 80 percent power, stopping and stirring after each minute. This prevents the cheese from burning. Remove from the microwave and stir to combine.

If needed, continue microwaving an additional one to two minutes at a time, or until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are blended.

Serve immediately or pour into a slow cooker on the warm setting to serve.

Bacon-wrapped hot dogs

Hot dogs are a staple at sporting events. They’re also quick to make and aren’t half bad. Most people try to take hot dogs to the next level with chili or cheese, but they haven’t tried bacon-wrapped hot dogs. You’re lying if you say you don’t like bacon. Why not take bacon strips and wrap them around your already easy meal for something 10 times as delicious? This recipe is adapted from www.lowcarbzen.com.

Ingredients:

16 strips bacon

2 packages hot dogs

Heat the oven to 375 F.

Wrap each hot dog in a slice of bacon, diagonally.

Place on roasting pan, so grease can drain.

Bake for about 30 minutes, or until bacon reaches the desired crispness.

Mini loaded baked potatoes

Miniature versions of food taste better than regular-sized food. Don’t ask me why, it just does. So when seeing these mini baked potatoes that take about an hour to make and have very little effort involved, I knew these were gameday ready. This recipe is adapted from www.thecomfortofcooking.com.

Ingredients:

1 pound of small potatoes, about 2 inches across

Olive oil

Kosher salt

Sliced cheese of choice cut into squares

For topping: sour cream, cooked bacon (chopped) and sliced green onions

Heat oven to 400 F.

Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Using a sharp knife, make several cuts through each potato but avoid cutting all the way down. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.

Bake for 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Take them out of the oven.

Place the cheese squares in between a few of the cuts on each potato. Place them back in the oven for another five to 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.

Let cool for about 10 minutes before topping with sour cream, bacon, green onions or your choice of toppings.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

S’mores dip

S’mores are messy. Delicious, but messy. Ain’t nobody got time to be messy when watching football/commercials — you might miss something. Instead, you should make a s’mores dip. It’s just as delicious, but not as sticky. This recipe is adapted from www.usatoday.com.

Ingredients:

One 10-ounce bag regular marshmallows

One 12-ounce package milk chocolate chips

One box honey graham crackers

Heat oven to 450 F.

Spread the entire bag of milk chocolate chips around evenly in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or cast iron skillet.

Cut about 20-22 marshmallows in half widthwise and place them, cut side down, on top of the chocolate chips until the chips are fully covered. I started with a circle of marshmallows around the outside edge, then worked inward.

Bake the dip at 450 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Keep a close eye on the dip, and remove it from the oven when the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown.

Serve at once with quartered graham crackers for dipping.

[Insert favorite team here] popcorn

Popcorn is a super easy snack when watching TV or movies, but adding things like chocolate chips or M&Ms make the savory sweet. This recipe is adapted from www.twosisterscrafting.com.

Ingredients:

10 cups of popped popcorn (kernels removed)

3 tbsp. butter (sweet cream, salted)

3 cups mini marshmallows

Vanilla (Optional)

Regular M&M’s — team colors

Pretzel M&M’s — main team color

Chocolate Chips (Dark, Semi-Sweet or Milk Chocolate)

Start with about 10 cups of popcorn. Make sure you get out all of the unpopped kernels — no one likes biting down on those.

To make the marshmallow mixture for the team popcorn, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium sauce pan. Once the butter is melted, add three cups of mini marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are melted. Turn off the heat as soon as the last marshmallow has melted. (If you like, you can add 1 tsp. of vanilla to the melted marshmallow mixture at this point.)

Slowly pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn — Be sure to leave a little bit for the next step. Gently fold the marshmallow mixture in with the popcorn until the popcorn is mostly covered. The amount of marshmallow mixture you want to add is really up to your own taste. The more you add, the stickier the popcorn will be so we suggest that you add it a bit at a time, stir the popcorn and give it a taste before you add more.

Pour the popcorn onto a cookie sheet covered with foil or wax paper. Drizzle a little bit of the remaining marshmallow mixture over the popcorn but do not mix it up. You will need the mixture at the top so the candy will have something to stick to.

Once the popcorn is covered in marshmallow mixture it is time to add the candy — but don’t wait too long. You want the marshmallow mixture to still be warm and sticky. Sprinkle the candy onto the popcorn, concentrating on the areas with the most drizzled marshmallow mixture. Allow the team popcorn to cool. Break apart into pieces and serve.

@annaxgabriela