Eat, drink and be merry this Thanksgiving.

While many students focus on what they’re going to cook for Thanksgiving, others are focusing on preparing festive cocktails and ciders.

Public relations junior Stormie Farrar said it’s festive to make holiday drinks you normally wouldn’t make any other time of the year.

“It makes holidays more fun, and it’s always fun to try other people’s recipes,” Farrar said.

Farrar said cranberry margaritas are her favorite holiday drink to make and gets her recipes off of Pinterest.

“I usually just pick the one that looks the best,” Farrar said. “Of course, it never looks like the pictures though.”

Jerrieal Lumar, public relations senior and blogger, said she plans on using her own recipe to make apple cider the morning of Thanksgiving while she’s finishing off making meals.

“I make mine without alcohol so that my siblings can enjoy it as well,” Lumar said.

Lumar said her family makes eggnog on Thanksgiving as well, because it is festive.

“We usually drink it after we wake up from our food comas and then fall right back into another one,” Lumar said.

Feeling inspired? Check out our holiday drink Pinterest page. 

For students who go out to eat on Thanksgiving, Blue Mesa Grill manager Josh Obeid said their spiced pumpkin margarita is something customers come in every year for, but it will be taken off the menu at the end of November.

“It’s a seasonal drink, so we only serve it for October and November,” Obeid said.

Obeid said they also will be serving a Thanksgiving brunch with all-you-can-drink mimosas and champagne from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with their usual selection and some Thanksgiving classics.

@gibsonsusie

susan.gibson@mavs.uta.edu