Students, artists and community members can enjoy a night of song, dance and community during The Football Team: A Creative Collective’s first Treehouse event of the semester Friday at Truth Vinyl, an Arlington records store.

The Football Team, a collaborative group of student artists, created the Treehouse event as a way to host local artists within the community, said Addis Riddle, advertising junior and The Football Team president.

The event will run from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., and tickets will cost $5 at the door.

While the event occasionally hosts UTA student musicians, it primarily pulls local artists from the Arlington community for a shared night of music, Riddle said.

“It’s quality over everything else but with Arlington at the center,” he said.

Four bands will perform live on an outdoor stage while three other artists perform for the dance floor inside Truth Vinyl.

The artist lineup includes local indie bands Svenny Baby!, Igimèjí, Whiddit and more.

Riddle said The Football Team isn’t just for UTA anymore and focuses on the city itself as a means of promoting and supporting art and creativity.

“If you’re going to tie UTA into the community, you can’t just, like, have each one be isolated,” he said. “You can’t have things that are Arlington and things that are UTA. You have to have people that are involved on all sides.”

By hosting an event for UTA students at an Arlington records store, Riddle said The Football team hopes to foster creative relationships between local businesses and students.

The Treehouse event originated as a series of house concerts that evolved into a monthly concert series in the last couple of years.

This semester, there will only be two Treehouse events, Riddle said. The next Treehouse event will be October 25.