Street closures and parking lot accessibility during Homecoming Week

A sign warns of upcoming street closures on the corner of Spaniolo Drive and West First Street on Nov. 6. This is one of many streets around campus that will be closed for Homecoming events. 

As students plan to attend Homecoming events, UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord said students should take note of the roads and parking lots affected by closures and increased vehicle and pedestrian traffic.

The following Homecoming event days will be affected:

From 9:00 a.m. Friday to midnight Saturday, Spaniolo Drive between UTA Boulevard and West Third Street, including Moritz Plaza, will be closed for the Homecoming Street Festival.

From 7 a.m. to noon, West Nedderman Drive will be closed between Greek Row Drive and the 500th block of S. Nedderman Drive for the Homecoming 5K Run/Walk/Roll.

From 9:45 a.m. to noon, West Nedderman Drive will also be closed between Greek Row Drive and UTA Boulevard.

Access to the West Campus Parking Garage will be possible through UTA Boulevard until 9:45 a.m.

From 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. the following will be closed for the Homecoming Parade:

Spaniolo Drive will close from UTA Boulevard to West Mitchell Street.

South Oak Street will be closed between UTA Boulevard and West First Street.

South West Street will be closed from South Nedderman Drive to West Third Street, and South West Street coming from West Mitchell Street will only be able to access the F10 parking lot.

@DavidSilvaetc