Motorcycle theft, fraudulent check reported

This is a wrapup of crime for Friday and Monday.

Theft

A male student reported the theft of his red Honda motorcycle at about 11 a.m. Wednesday on the 600 block of Summit Avenue.

UTA Police Capt. Mike McCord said the motorcycle was valued at $2,500.

According to the Texas Penal Code, theft of property worth more than $2,500 but less than $30,000 is a state jail felony. A state jail felony is punishable by a jail term between 180 days and two years, a fine of up to $10,000 or both.

Theft

A female vendor reported the theft of a cash bag at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday on the 400 block of Nedderman Drive.

The cash bag contained approximately $312, McCord said.

Theft of $100 or more but less than $750 is a class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Penal Code. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $2,000, a jail term not to exceed 180 days or both.

Forgery, Financial Instrument

A female staff member reported a fraudulent check at about 12 p.m. Friday on the 200 block of Main Street.

A check in the amount of $865 was brought to the victim’s attention by her bank, McCord said.

Forgery/financial instrument valued at $750 or more but less than $2,500 is a class A misdemeanor. A class A misdemeanor is punishable by a fine not to exceed $4,000, a jail term not to exceed one year or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.