The Student Service Allocation Committee met Thursday to decide recommendations for the 2018-19 academic year allocation of the Student Service fee. 

Departments and offices that receive any Student Service fee funding were eligible to present to the committee. Some departments that presented include Student Publications, Off-Campus Mavericks, Parent & Family Center and Multicultural Affairs, according to the university website. 

The all-student committee will hold deliberations to determine how much money will be recommended for the departments and offices.

Lisa Nagy, vice president for Student Affairs, said after the recommendations are approved by the committee, its formal recommendation will be sent to President Vistasp Karbhari this week for his remarks.

Once received, Karbhari can either approve the committee’s recommendations or provide additional feedback, she said.

“Usually, if there’s questions, [the committee and Karbhari] will communicate and talk about those and usually come to some kind of agreement,” Nagy said.

The committee was still deliberating at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.

@bekah_morr