Pie Five closes in the College Park District

Pie Five Pizza Co. sits with its doors closed Feb. 6 in the College Park District. This location closed because of unforeseen circumstances.

UTA is working to bring Pie Five Pizza Co. back to the College Park District after it closed Wednesday.

The university is working closely with the franchise corporation to reopen the location under new ownership, Chief Communications Officer Joe Carpenter said in an email.

The location closed Wednesday after the company sent a message to email subscribers announcing the closure.

That morning, owner Nathan Cage emailed employees to notify them the location had closed.

One employee found out less than an hour before beginning their shift.

Pie Five closes, employees notified morning of closure

On Friday, Cage distributed their last paychecks at the UTA Bookstore Starbucks.

Former employees sat at a table discussing the sudden and upsetting news but declined to comment.

Cage also declined to comment.

Pie Five Pizza Co. opened about seven years ago and until Wednesday was the longest running restaurant in the College Park District.

@a_pad97 @itsbrian_10

(1) comment

Thatguyoncampus

Like pie fives many years on campus this story is going to fill the shorthorn for many more editions