Crime log

A wrap up of crime occurring from Tuesday, July 31 through Monday. 

Assault-physical contact

A female student reported assault-physical contact at about 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 31 at Ransom Hall, according to the UTA daily crime log.

The student was grabbed by a male student attempting to kiss her, said Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police community engagement officer, in an email. She refused, and the male student left the area without incident. There were no injuries, Seidel said.

Assault-physical contact is a class A misdemeanor. A class A misdemeanor is punishable by confinement for a term not to exceed one year, a fine not to exceed $4,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

The investigation is in progress.

Impersonating public servant

A male student reported the impersonation of a public servant at about noon Friday on the 700 block of Davis Drive.

The student received a call from an unknown female claiming to be an IRS agent, Seidel said. The impersonator demanded a payment of $5,000, but the student didn’t pay any money.

Impersonating a public servant is a third degree felony. A third degree felony is punishable by imprisonment for a term of two to 10 years, a fine not to exceed $10,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Indecent exposure

A woman reported indecent exposure at about 1 a.m. Saturday on the 300 block of UTA Boulevard.

A man exposed himself to the woman and resisted arrest, Seidel said. The man kicked an officer while he was being arrested and caused damage estimated between $100 and $750 to the patrol vehicle after being placed inside, Seidel said. He was arrested in connection with indecent exposure, assault causing bodily injury-public servant and criminal mischief. 

The man was given a criminal trespass warning and transported to the Arlington Police Department Jail, he said. There were no injuries needing medical attention.

Indecent exposure is a class B misdemeanor. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by confinement for a term not to exceed 180 days, a fine not to exceed $2,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Assault causing bodily injury-public servant is a third degree felony. A third degree felony is punishable by imprisonment for a term of two to 10 years, a fine not to exceed $10,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Criminal mischief causing damages between $100 and $750 is a class B misdemeanor. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by confinement for a term not to exceed 180 days, a fine not to exceed $2,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code. 

DWI-2nd

A man was arrested in connection with a second driving while intoxicated offense at about 4 a.m. Saturday on the 200 block of Cooper Street.

UTA Police were investigating a vehicle in lot 36, Seidel said. Officers arrested the man in connection with the DWI and six outstanding warrants after he failed a standard field sobriety test. He was transported to the Arlington Police Department Jail without incident, Seidel said.

A second DWI offense is a class A misdemeanor, Seidel said. A class A misdemeanor is punishable by confinement for a term not to exceed one year, a fine not to exceed $4,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

Duty on striking unattended vehicle

A female student reported duty on striking an unattended vehicle at about 2 p.m. at the Arbor Oaks apartments parking lot.

The student found her unattended white Hyundai Elantra had been struck on the rear bumper by an unknown vehicle, Seidel said. The estimated value of the damages is $700, he said.

Duty on striking an unattended vehicle with estimated damages valued at $200 or more is a class B misdemeanor, according to the Texas Transportation Code. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by confinement for a term not to exceed 180 days, a fine not to exceed $2,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

No crimes were reported Thursday.

@HeitmeierDalton