Crime log

This is a wrapup of crime for Wednesday and Thursday.

Theft

University staff reported theft at about 3:45 p.m. Wednesday and about 2 p.m. Thursday at the University Center, according to the UTA crime log.

Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police community engagement officer, said a male employee made the initial report after finding several audio speakers missing from the inventory. The following day, staff reported additional audio speakers missing.

The total value of the missing items is about $8,200. The missing items include three QSC Ksub Dual Power subwoofers, a 12-inch power speaker, three 10-inch power speakers and a QSC K10 power speaker.

According to the Texas Penal Code, theft between $2,500 and $30,000 is a state jail felony. A state jail felony is punishable by a jail term between 180 days and two years, a fine of up to $10,000 or both.

Failure to identify, giving false information

A female student reported harassment at about 8 p.m. Thursday at Arlington Hall, according to the UTA crime log.

Seidel said the woman made the report against her boyfriend, a male nonstudent. When police arrived, the man gave false information. He was arrested and taken to Arlington Police Department Jail.

According to the Texas Penal Code, failure to identify by giving false information is a class B misdemeanor. A class B misdemeanor is punishable by up to 180 days in jail, a fine up to $2,000 or both. 

@SpencerBrewer10