Crime log

A wrap up of crime reported on Monday and Tuesday.

Burglary of building (Unlawful entry)

A male staff member reported the burglary of a building at about 3 p.m. Monday at Trimble Hall, according to the UTA daily crime log.

Four Apple Macbook Pros were taken from a secured hallway outside his office by an unknown individual without the staff member’s consent or knowledge, said Jeffrey Seidel, UTA Police community engagement officer, in an email. The total estimated value of the computers is $1,600. 

The burglary of a building is a state jail felony. A state jail felony is punishable by confinement for a term of 180 days to two years, a fine not to exceed $10,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

The investigation is in progress.

Credit card or debit card abuse

Three credit card or debit card abuses were reported on Tuesday.

A male staff member reported credit card or debit card abuse at about 10 a.m. at the Fine Arts Building.

The staff member found five unauthorized charges on his UTA ProCard which he did not make, Seidel said. The charges were internet purchases to two online gaming sites. Seidel said the estimated value of the fraudulent charges is $413.60. The card was canceled and a new card has been issued.

Another male staff member reported credit card or debit card abuse at about 10:30 a.m. at the University Center.

The staff member found an unauthorized charge on his UTA ProCard which he did not make, Seidel said. The charge was $88.75 to PayPal. The card has been canceled and a new card has been issued, Seidel said.

A female staff member reported credit or debit card abuse at about 6:30 p.m. on the 1100 block of Davis Drive.

She found her UTA ProCard was missing, but there were no current charges and the card has been canceled, Seidel said. A new card has been issued.

Credit card or debit card abuse is a state jail felony. A state jail felony is punishable by confinement for a term of 180 days to two years, a fine not to exceed $10,000 or both, according to the Texas Penal Code.

@HeitmeierDalton