A female student made the third report of a sexual assault said to have happened at the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity house since the fall semester began. 

The report, made on Sept. 13, is also the third of four sexual assault reports made to UTA police since Sept. 7. Police do not believe the fourth report is related to the three reported to have occurred at the fraternity house. 

It was not clear to police as of Sept. 16 whether the three reported to have happened at the Sigma Phi Epsilon house are connected, university spokeswoman Kristin Sullivan said. 

The first report was made Sept. 7 by a female student who told police that someone who is a male student and acquaintance assaulted her in the Sigma Phi Epsilon house that night, UTAPD Chief Kim Lemaux said on Sept. 8.

One male student was issued an interim suspension in connection with the first reported sexual assault, the university said in a statement Sept. 8.

The second report was made on Sept. 11. A female student told police a male sexually assaulted her at the fraternity’s house on Aug. 23, Sullivan said.

In the most recent report said to have happened at the fraternity house, a female student told police she was sexually assaulted on Aug. 24. Sullivan would not comment whether the female student reported she was assaulted by someone who is currently a student.

All questions to UTAPD were referred to Sullivan.

Sullivan would not say how many suspects police are investigating, citing the ongoing police investigation.

“All of the alleged offenses are still under investigation,” she said. “Your question is ‘are they related?’ and the answer is they are under investigation.”

Sullivan said the university did not issue an emergency alert to students because “this was not a life threatening emergency. These allegations were made after the fact, after the alleged offense occurred.”

@KristaMTorralva

krista.torralva@mavs.uta.edu