Thursday Fire Alarm

UTA Police and the Arlington Fire Department responded to a fire alarm Thursday at Autumn Hollow apartments, 411 S. West St. Police believe the alarm may have been triggered by cooking.

UTA Police and the Arlington Fire Department responded to an apartment fire at 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

The fire, at Autumn Hollow Apartments, was possibly caused by cooking, Lt. Yvonne Roque said.

Autumn Hollow apartments is located at 411 S. West St., about 300 feet from the University Center.

No injuries were reported, and there was no damage to the apartment, Capt. Jay Tillerson said.

“Upon arrival of first responders, the fire was already out,” he said.

Because of that, the campus Environmental Health and Safety office will investigate the fire and what triggered the alarm. The office provides supportive technical consultation, training, investigation and inspection to ensure compliance with guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws.

“We’re the first responders, and EH and S is the second responder,” Tillerson said. “Once we determine there’s no fire and the scene is safe, EH and S follows through with an investigation on what caused the alarm to go off.”

View Fire at Autumn Hollow apartments in a larger map

@Shelly_MarieC

shelly.williams@mavs.uta.edu